My name is Jana Iverson Last. I am a wife, mom, and grandma living in sunny California. My husband and I have five wonderful children, an awesome son-in-law, three amazing daughters-in-law, and an adorable grandson.
I began my family history research following the death of my maternal grandfather, Debs Warren Webster, who passed away in 1994. I don’t remember hearing him talk about his family history when I was growing up. Debs was born in Brazil and my dad’s ancestors were from Norway and Sweden. I just assumed I didn’t have any kind of family history tied to the early history of the United States. But, after looking through family photos and documents belonging to my Grandpa Debs, and through further research of my own, I discovered I was very wrong. Needless to say, my family history research has been a very interesting, enlightening, and fun (yes, I said fun) journey of discovery.
I am the author of three blogs and a website: Jana’s Genealogy and Family History Blog, which I began in April 2012, Grandpa’s Postcards, a blog in which I share my maternal grandparents’ vintage postcard collection, Jana’s Place, my personal blog, and my website Jana’s Genealogy and Social Media Hub.
- Member of the National Genealogical Society
- Member of the Ohio Genealogical Society
- Member of the Southern California Genealogical Society
- Served as an LDS Temple and Family History Consultant for many years
- Taught a Family History Class at church for six years
- Served as a volunteer librarian at our local Family History Center
- Served as an Official Blogger for the BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy in July 2015
- Served as a RootsTech Ambassador in February 2016
- Have given presentations at various family history events