Join us in welcoming Grandad’s Family Jewels to the GeneaBloggersTRIBE membership roll.
Mike Scott started Grandad’s Family Jewels on Jan 1 of this year. Inspired by Neil MacGregor’s “A History of the World in 100 Objects,” his objective is to “tell the stories of my family, based on the artifacts that represent who they are, who they were, and the wider social context around them.” Each post is accompanied by a cool photo of the artifact in question.
Recent posts include;
- Betty’s Badge of Honour – 1941
- One Silver Plated Spoon and a Million Cherry Buns ~1877
- The Tiny Chair: A Tale of Two Houses ~1920
Contributed by Laura Hedgecock
© 2017 GeneaBloggersTRIBE
Latest posts by Laura Hedgecock (see all)
- Happy Blogiversary – October 16 -17, 2018 - October 17, 2017
- Generations Genealogy Joins Our Membership Roll - October 12, 2017
- Jane Taubman’s Family Home Joins our Membership Roll - October 4, 2017